Mall Walking. We are pleased to invite you into the mall to walk before mall hours. Walking makes people healthier, gives them more energy and an opportunity to meet others.
How do I join?
Interested? Registration is available to new members by visiting Guest Services during regular mall hours. Everyone is welcome!
We would ask that you:
- complete the Release Form “waiver” absolving the Burlington Mall of all liability; available at Guest Services during mall hours.
- receive a Guest Pass indentifying you as someone allowed to walk prior to mall hours.
- a Mall Walker binder is located at Guest Services so you can sign-in at the beginning of your walk and sign-out when you are finished.
- you can also record your mileage and we will update your records for you.
- the activity is restricted to recreational walking only. RUNNING, JOGGING OR RACE WALKING is NOT PERMITTED at ANY TIME.
Walk on your own
Walk "On Your Own" any morning (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and well cushioned, comfortable shoes
- Stretch your legs before and after walking
- Maintain good posture: keep your back erect and swing your arms
- Keep a smooth pace and take long, even strides
- Drink water before and after walking
- As with any program, consult your physician before you get started
- Last but not least, have fun!
Please note: To ensure participants' health and well being, new members must sign a waiver form before starting the program.